Thailand Missions Team

Welcome

To read posts from the missions team of a given year, just click one of the tabs above.

Monday, July 11, 2011

An Introduction

[posted by: claire cecil]

Here we are! Left to Right: Dylan, Claire, Liz, Jared, Doug
This is how we plan on greeting people in Thailand

I figured since I just finished my support letters (shame on me for being so late about this), I should give this blog some content before I tell people to go look at it.


The title of this blog aptly describes where we're going (Bangkok, Thailand) and what we're doing (missions) but it really only scratches at the surface of the motives of the trip. Yes we're fulfilling the Great Commission (which I made a point of including at the bottom of every letter I sent out) but we're also doing so much more through this trip. This jaunt around the world (literally) allows us to envision whether this sort of thing could happen again in the future with a larger group. We call this a "vision trip" (not to be confused with a vision quest which is completely different). We also are going to support and encourage the missionaries who are currently there serving.

I love that God is allowing me to be "at the end of the spear" in this endeavor to bring the gospel to a country where 67 percent of the population are people who have never heard of the name of Jesus Christ. One of the things that I am most looking forward to is seeing and worshipping with the Thai church. What a privilege to give glory to the same God despite all the things that should divide us (more on this later).

What we really need right now as individuals and as a team is prayer, lots of it. The Enemy hates mission trips and is going to do anything to stop our efforts to advance the Kingdom.

"'Simon, Simon, behold, Satan demanded to have you, that he might sift you like wheat, but I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned again, strengthen your brothers.'" Luke 22:31-32

Jesus saw prayer as His most powerful weapon--why don't we look at it that way?


No comments:

Post a Comment